Do you want to work for Shedul.com, a fast-growing platform that is revolutionizing the beauty and wellness industry? We are a global startup with offices in Warsaw, London, and Dubai. Our high-traffic booking platforms have quickly become a game-changing industry leader, with users in over 120 countries. Our customers book millions of appointments monthly, with thousands of active users at any time.
- Your profile:
- Experience in writing React + Redux applications
- Experience in optimizing websites on frontend part
Nice to have:
- Experience with ESLint for linting
- Knowledge of other programming languages (eg. Ruby, Elixir, Java)
- Passion to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Strong communication skills, ability to self-organise and work well within teams
Our technology stack (StackShare):
- Docker running through custom scripting for development and end-to-end testing purposes
- Solid patterns for organizing large codebase across frontend, backend and test suites
- JSON API used as a contract between backend APIs and the client code
- Monolithic repository to organize multiple micro-services like all biggest players do
- Use of external APIs including Twilio, Mandrill, AWS, Heroku
- Automated end-to-end test suite based on Java and Selenium
- Custom system for creating isolated test environments per feature
- PostgreSQL used through ORMs (ActiveRecord & Ecto) and raw SQL queries (for ETL purposes)
- Recent versions of Ruby + Ruby on Rails and Elixir + Phoenix tandems at the core of backend
- Modern operations toolchain centered around Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible
- RabbitMQ as message queue and custom Protocol Buffer RPC layer on top of it
Our workflow highlights:
- Agile development flow based on GitHub, JIRA, Slack and the CI
- Mature product pipeline with predefined specs, designs and architectures for all features
- Proper Scrum process with multiple teams, overseen by Scrum master
- Battle-proven approach to testing, static code analysis and code reviews
- Complete toolset including New Relic, Librato and AppSignal to inspect & fix performance issues
- Frequent prototyping of new technologies to lead in the project's business
Our recruitment process:
Step 1: Apply!
- Attach your resume and answer the subsequent/following questions as best you can. Our team will review it over the next few days and let you know if there is a match.
Step 2: Phone call
- One of our recruiters or engineers will schedule a call with you to answer all your questions and talk more about you and your potential involvement with Shedul. The call will take up to 45 min, and it will be conducted in Polish and English (depending on your language proficiency).
- Before the call, take a look at our tech stack, and prepare to tell us more about the projects that you did in the past, and the technologies you used.
Step 3: Meet our team!
- You will be invited to our office for a meeting (up to 2 hours) with our Senior Engineers and CTO or Delivery Lead. During this interview, we will pay special attention to your technical skills and your ability to get things done, rather than your ability to recite definitions.
- You will also be able to show off your skills on the day, by completing some tasks that will verify to us your knowledge in the technologies we use. Don't worry - we will provide you with a MacBook Pro that has everything you need to complete the tasks.
- After two interviews we will make a final decision, and that's it!
- Our recruitment is more than just verifying your CV and skillset. We know that to find the perfect candidate for the role the feeling must be mutual, so feel free to ask us everything you need to know at every stage of the process - and be curious!
- After each interview, we will send you some feedback within 5 working days. Remember that you can count on our honest feedback throughout the entire process, even if we decide at any point not to proceed with the application.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, 8,000 - 20,000 PLN net B2B negotiable based on your experience
- Working with a talented team of about 50 passionate engineers, architects and designers
- Flexible working hours in the perfectly located modern office (Al. Jerozolimskie 81)
- Passionate, young and creative team in a fun, startup-biased working environment
- Regular in-house events for sharing knowledge and passion: lightning talks, retros, demos
- Occasional integration events like board games, bowling nights, ping-pong tournaments etc
- Fruits, veggies, cakes, coffee, tea on a house to keep you rolling like a pro