Senior Elixir Developer (Warszawa)
Do you want to work for Shedul. a fast-growing global technology company that is revolutionizing an industry? We’re seeking best-in-class engineers who love building new features and solving optimization, performance and scalability challenges.
We are an incredibly ambitious, innovative and fast growing global software startup with offices in Warsaw (Goszczyńskiego 24a), New York City and Dubai. Our high-traffic booking platform (http://www.shedul.com/) has quickly become a game changing industry leader, with user base in over 200 countries. Our users transact millions of appointment bookings monthly, with thousands of active users at any time. Having recently secured substantial venture capital funding, we’re looking to expand our engineering capabilities in Warsaw (check our careers page to get more details: http://www.shedul.com/career.html).
Team members who demonstrate exceptional results are rewarded with fast-track career development. Sky’s the limit for high performers.
- Senior software developer, ideally 3+ years of professional experience preferably with functional, concurrent language (Elixir, Erlang, Scala)
- Has an interest in using test driven and code review development process.
- A geek at heart with passion to write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Strong communication skills, ability to self-organise and work well within teams
Our technology stack
- Recent versions of Elixir & Phoenix, Ruby & Ruby on Rails and ES6
- 9 micro-services and growing + internal apps supporting our development process
- PostgreSQL as primary database
- RabbitMQ as message queue
- Data querying and caching with Redis
- Growing amount of ES6 code using React and flux architecture
- System flow highly based on AJAX & JSON APIs and RPCs with Protobufs
- Use of external APIs including AWS, Twilio, Mandrill, Heroku
- Custom tooling for deployment, monitoring and reports
- Close to 4.0 code quality score on CodeClimate and top Apdex in New Relic
Our workflow highlights
- Agile development flow based on JIRA, Slack and the CI
- New Relic to inspect and fix performance issues
- Frequent prototyping of new technologies to lead in the project's business
- Sane approach to testing and code reviews
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, 14,000 - 20,000 PLN net (negotiable based on your experience)
- B2B or Employment Contract
- Relocation package
- Working with a talented team + CTO
- Flexible working hours in the perfectly located modern office (Goszczyńskiego, Mokotów)
- Passionate, young and creative team in a fun work environment
- In-house hackathons, team days when we work on challenges that seem impossible in the app world
- International conferences, workshops and other professional events of your choice
- Nourishing breakfasts, free soft drinks and hot beverages, and days with fruits and veggies or cake
- Various training programs, language classes, and a fully equipped technical library
- Relax room with game consoles, darts, and much more
Ready to apply? If you feel this job ad describes the project you want to work for, don't hesitate. We want to speak with you.