Do you want to work for a fast-growing platform that is revolutionizing the beauty and wellness industry? We are a global startup with offices in Warsaw, London, and Dubai. Our high-traffic booking platforms have quickly become a game-changing industry leader, with users in over 120 countries. Our customers book millions of appointments monthly, with thousands of active users at any time.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and driven Accountant to join our team in our amazing office at Aleje Jerozolimskie 81, right next to the Palace of Culture and Science.
If you are the kind of person who is always ready for a new challenge and your fluency in English allows you to communicate with people from all around the world, where you want to work in an innovative, ambitious and creative environment, working with the best clients and the best Beauty and Spa solutions, let's talk!
What you will do:
- Responsible for general accounting activities:
- record revenue (one-off invoices)
- record expense invoices
- record cash receipts, payments
- post general ledger journal entries
- reconcile balance sheet accounts (cash, prepayments, accruals, intercompany)
- maintain fixed assets ledger (creation, disposal and depreciation run)
- Manage account receivables and payables
- Perform review of P&L accounts in order to identify missing invoices, deferred revenue, missing bookings (prepayments), etc.
- Ensure high-end review of BS and take action on required adjustments.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all cash and intergroup accounts
- Responsible for month-end accounting closing
- Involved in the monthly, quarterly reporting process (internal management reports)
- Prepare and review VAT returns
- Prepare and review income tax calculation
- Interaction with the 3rd party accounting firms (VAT, Income tax, statutory reporting)
- Involve in transfer pricing (benchmarking, TP documentation)
- Other finance ad hoc tasks received from Finance Director
Why work in our finance team?
- IFRS reporting, consolidation, entities located in a few jurisdictions
- The opportunity of being a part of a fantastic journey, we are revolutionizing a beauty and wellness industry
- Exposure to hundreds of thousands of transactions, which allows you to see an economy of scale first hand
- We are driven by automation of the journal entries and standardization of reporting
- Accounting and tax exposure on few jurisdictions, working with us is like working in those countries simultaneously
- Interesting IFRS adjustment for financial statements
- Participation in external trainings, and development programs
- Fluency in English and Polish, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of tax and accounting processes and accounting principles
- Strong experience in General Ledger accounting
- Ability to work under time pressure, analytical skills, willingness to learn and increase responsibilities
- Detail oriented and can work independently
- Finance person with a good sense of cost vs benefit
Nice to have:
- Qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Xero (our accounting software)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Accounting/Tax experience with the English speaking jurisdiction like United Kingdom, Ireland, USA, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, British Virgin Island
- Previous experience in the internet, software or e-commerce sectors
- Interest in the Beauty and Wellness industry
- Flexible working hours in the perfectly located modern office (Al. Jerozolimskie 81).
- Competitive salary, which will be based on your experience.
- We offer an Employment or B2B contract.
- Passionate, young and creative team in a fun, startup-biased working environment.
- Regular in-house events for sharing knowledge and passion: lightning talks, retros, demos.
- Occasional integration events like board games, bowling nights, ping-pong tournaments etc.
- Fruits, veggies, cakes, coffee, tea on a house to keep you rolling like a pro
If you feel this job describes the company you want to work for don't hesitate to apply.