Software Engineer - Backend
Do you want to work for Shedul.com, a fast-growing platform that is revolutionizing the beauty and wellness industry? We are a global startup with offices in Warsaw, London, and Dubai. Our high-traffic booking platforms have quickly become a game-changing industry leader, with users in over 120 countries. Our customers book millions of appointments monthly, with thousands of active users at any time.
We are currently looking for Software Engineer - Backend to join the team of over 50 engineers in our Warsaw office. This is a full-time, office-based role. Team members who demonstrate exceptional results are rewarded with fast-track career development. Sky’s the limit for high performers.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and/or Elixir
- Passion to design and build great software architecture and well-structured, easily maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Solid experience in writing complex web applications and web APIs
- Experience in working with and optimizing transactional databases
- Experience in optimizing backend applications
- Good English communication skills, organization and team work
Nice to have:
- Experience in writing complex Elixir/Phoenix applications
- Knowledge of functional programming in general
- Experience with PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and/or Redis
- Experience with micro-service architecture, message queues and RPCs
Our technology stack: StackShare
Our workflow highlights:
- Agile development flow based on GitHub, JIRA, Slack and CI
- Mature product pipeline with predefined specs, designs and architecture for all feature
- Battle-proven approach to testing, static code analysis and code reviews
- Lean process of autonomous delivery in multidisciplinary teams - based on Agile Manifesto; fine-tuned by engineers, for engineers
- Complete toolset including New Relic, Sentry, Librato and AppSignal to inspect & fix performance issues
Our recruitment process:
Step 1: Apply!
- Attach your resume and answer the subsequent/following questions as best you can. Our team will review it over the next few days and let you know if there is a match.
Step 2: Phone call
- One of our recruiters or engineers will schedule a call with you to answer all your questions and talk more about you and your potential involvement with Shedul. The call will take up to 45 min, and it will be conducted in Polish and English (depending on your language proficiency).
- Before the call, take a look at our tech stack, and prepare to tell us more about the projects that you did in the past, and the technologies you used.
Step 3: Meet our team!
- You will be invited to our office for a meeting (up to 2 hours) with our Senior Engineers and CTO or Delivery Lead. During this interview, we will pay special attention to your technical skills and your ability to get things done, rather than your ability to recite definitions.
- You will also be able to show off your skills on the day, by completing some tasks that will verify to us your knowledge in the technologies we use. Don't worry - we will provide you with a MacBook Pro that has everything you need to complete the tasks.
- After two interviews we will make a final decision, and that's it!
- Our recruitment is more than just verifying your CV and skillset. We know that to find the perfect candidate for the role the feeling must be mutual, so feel free to ask us everything you need to know at every stage of the process - and be curious!
- After each interview, we will send you some feedback within 5 working days. Remember that you can count on our honest feedback throughout the entire process, even if we decide at any point not to proceed with the application.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, 8,000 - 20,000 PLN net B2B negotiable based on your experience.
- Working with a talented team of about 50 passionate engineers, architects and designers.
- Flexible working hours in the perfectly located modern office (Al. Jerozolimskie 81).
- Passionate, young and creative team in a fun, startup-biased working environment.
- Regular in-house events for sharing knowledge and passion: lightning talks, retros, demos.
- Occasional integration events like board games, bowling nights, ping-pong tournaments etc.
- Fruits, veggies, cakes, coffee, tea on a house to keep you rolling like a pro.