Wannabe Elixir Engineer
Do you want to work for Shedul.com, a fast-growing platform that is revolutionizing the beauty and wellness industry? We are a global startup with offices in Warsaw, London, and Dubai. Our high-traffic booking platforms have quickly become a game-changing industry leader, with users in over 120 countries. Our customers book millions of appointments monthly, with thousands of active users at any time.
We are currently looking for a Back-End Engineer to join the team of over 50 engineers in our Warsaw office. Here's the catch - we use Elixir (modern, functional programming language based on hyper-scalable Erlang platform), but there are good news: there's no prior Elixir expertise required - we'll help you learn all what you need. This is a full-time, office-based role (with a limited remote work option). Team members who demonstrate exceptional results are rewarded with fast-track career development. Sky’s the limit for high performers.
- Strong Software Engineering foundations - theoretical & practical knowledge of good practices, modern principles & full delivery lifecycle
- Prior professional experience with building back-end of Internet applications (HTTP, usage of relational databases) that went live (were used by actual users)
- Willingness to learn (in depth) our Back-End technical stack - Elixir + Phoenix, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Docker
- Pragmatic, a pro-active team player who takes an ownership & responsibility over what you do
- Product-focus: we're here to build an awesome platform, technology is just means to do it
- Good organisational & communication skills (in both Polish & English)
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with writing applications with Ruby + Rails or Elixir + Phoenix
- Knowledge of Functional Programming in general
- Experience with PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and/or Redis
- Experience with distributed architecture, message queues and RPCs
Our technology stack: StackShare
Our workflow highlights:
- Agile development flow based on GitHub, JIRA, Slack and CI
- Mature product pipeline with predefined specs, designs and architecture for all feature
- Battle-proven approach to testing, static code analysis and code reviews
- Lean process of autonomous delivery in multidisciplinary teams - based on Agile Manifesto; fine-tuned by engineers, for engineers
- Complete toolset including New Relic, Sentry, Librato and AppSignal to inspect & fix performance issues
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, 9,000 - 18,000 PLN net B2B negotiable based on your experience.
- Working with a talented team of about 50 passionate engineers, architects and designers.
- Flexible working hours in the perfectly located modern office (Al. Jerozolimskie 81).
- Passionate, young and creative team in a fun, startup-biased working environment.
- Regular in-house events for sharing knowledge and passion: lightning talks, retros, demos.
- Occasional integration events like board games, bowling nights, ping-pong tournaments etc.
- Fruits, veggies, cakes, coffee, tea on a house to keep you rolling like a pro.